Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Favorites

A contemporary method for determining a great deal about a person would be, if it were available, to review the list of one's favorites on the individual's PC.

Imagine. It would almost be like going through their closet or desk drawers or filing cabinet. It would likely reveal a great deal about how one spends his/her more private moments. It may be that is the reason we are encouraged to protect our Password. We might not want it widely known where we go or whom we visit or what we look for on the internet. On the other hand, it might offer a very positive picture of us, but one, we had just as soon, keep to ourselves.

My list has become increasingly long. And, I confess, there is really nothing on it about which I would be ashamed or need to hide. It's just a series of places I enjoy visiting now and again. It does tell a lot about me. It demonstrates interest in news sources of all kinds, stuff about antiques, automobiles, travel, philosophy, religion, and some way out stuff from writers that have interesting theories, politics, of course. As I say, the list is quite lengthy. Now and again, a friend or family member recommends another site for me to explore. I add to My favorites in order not to forget it. Sometimes, even there, I overlook it anyway.

Now, I am beginning to wonder if maybe I shouldn't do some inventory to reduce the sheer volume on My Favorites. I haven't figured out yet how to delete them, however. Maybe I'll get around to having fewer favorites one day. My guess is, so long as curiosity prevails, I will just keep adding more to it. That's not a bad thing, is it?

No comments: